No products in the cart.
The Olive Oil
Olive oil is obtained from the fruit of the olive tree by manual or mechanical means.
The olive oil is a product, which is natural and can be consumed as soon as the procedure of its collection has been completed.
It is almost totally absorbed by the organism (98%) and it gives the same number of calories as all the other natural oils, which are 9.3 for each gram.
It comprises the basic source of fats in Mediterranean Nutrition.
The fats of vegetable origin contain more polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat acids and are considered healthy since they do not contain any cholesterol.
Different types of olive oil can be found with more or less processing such as green olive oil, organic olive oil, and aromatic olive oil
- Green Olive Oil – TheFirst Oil of The Year
The extra virgin olive oil of the first unripe fruit of the year has a rich, fruity and spicy smel but also a bitter taste. It is usually available in small quantities and selected from the best olives.
- Green olives are collected by hand and not by beating or falling. This rare taste, the green olive oil has, is of limited lifespan; the consumer has only 9 months to enjoy it. It is rich in anti-oxidants by nature and combines a superior taste with a high organic value
Organic Olive OilIt’s oil coming from olive groves where very strict rules have been applied in organic farming. Fertilizers here have neither part nor does spraying.
Even the crushing of the olives, maintenance and bottling, are all done without any additives.
The labels of these products must indicate the approval number and the logo of recognized organizations responsible for controlling organic products.
- Aromatic Olive Oil
This oil is used in cuisines throughout the world. It gives a pleasant aroma to salads, roast vegetables, cheeses and creates the perfect dip for bread. It is very easy to obtain a wide range of it.
- Choose a first class olive oil with a smooth, neutral taste.
- Place it in a clean, dry bottle.
- Add spices, herbs, leaves, garlic, onions, lemon, dried red pepper making sure that they are covered with oil.
- Store the bottles in a cool shady place.